Carrot and Parsnip Fries
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
- pinch of salt & Pepper
- Turn oven on 180 degrees fan grill. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine olive oil, mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Lay carrot and parsnip out flat on the baking tray and top with herb mixture. Season with pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven or until crispy.
These oven baked Carrot and Parsnip Fries are a quick and easy side dish and a great change to the traditional potato fry. They are one of our go-to quick side dishes and when these two vegetables are combined, its a match made in heaven. The olive oil, mixed herbs and salt and pepper give them a fantastic flavour but you could use almost any herb or spice that appeals to you. Parsnip belongs to the carrot family of root vegetables. Parnip and Carrot are both high in vitamin C, which is an important nutrient that helps to fight off bacteria and viruses and boosts our immune system.
For more great parsnip and carrot recipes, tips and serving suggestions follow 5+ A Day on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Enjoy, J&L x