Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1.5 cup almonds
- ½ cup raw peanuts
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked for half an hour in warm water.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of cashews, soaked overnight
- 400 grams coconut cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, melted
- handful peanuts
1. Line spring form tin with baking paper. Place all crust ingredients into food processor and pulse until grainy-mixed texture. Press crust down into cake pan evenly and place into the freezer.
Place all cheesecake ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly on top of base using a knife or spatula. Place in the freezer for 3 or more hours.
- To make the topping in 2 separate pots over low heat gently melt the peanut butter and dark chocolate. Drizzle over the cheesecake and then garnish with peanuts. To set the topping place back in the freezer and remove half an hour before serving to soften up.
- Cake is best stored in the freezer.
This is our favourite recipe that was featured in our recipe book and is every peanut butter fan's dream! This cheesecake tastes incredible and is also vegan, so fulfils a lot of dietary requirements. It is a mixture of sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy and makes a stunning birthday cake. Set the cashews to soak the night before you make it. We made some peanut butter bliss balls and added them to the top (these are not in the recipe).
Enjoy, J&L x