Rainbow Vegetable Skewers
- 4 cherry tomatos, sliced in half
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 beetroot, cut into chunks
- 8 kebab skewers
- Salt + Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Rind of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Thread the skewers with the tomato's, red capsicum, carrot, yellow capsicum, zucchini, red onion and beetroot. It doesn't have to be in this order.
- Place skewers on a lined baking tray. Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and brush the kebabs with the dressing and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place into the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until slightly crispy.
Wanting more ways to incorporate vegetables into your families diet to get your 5+ a day? These rainbow vegetable skewers are an easy way to increase your vegetable intake and kids love them! I try to use as many different coloured veges as possible so I'm getting a wide variety of vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants, we should be loading up on these. Other vegetables that can be added to the kebabs are mushrooms, eggplant, broccoli, beans, pumpkin, sweet potato and brussels sprouts.
Vegetable skewers are a perfect side dish or snack that are packed with tons of flavour. They can also be cooked on the BBQ.
Enjoy, L x