- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 4 free range egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with non stick paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites, coconut sugar, vanilla or almond extract and salt until well combined.
- Pour the shredded coconut into the bowl and mix well.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out mixture and place onto the non stick paper. Space them about 3 cm apart.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Macaroons can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
After months of buying similar macaroons online that were quite expensive, I decided I wanted to made my own and this recipe is affordable and simple. These homemade coconut macaroons are sweet, moist and chewy on the inside and are made using no flour, no dairy and no grains. These macaroons can also be dipped in dark chocolate. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Enjoy, L x