Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 large free range egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups oats, blended into flour (can use almond flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine egg, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Add the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, chocolate chips and combine.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of the dough and place onto the baking paper. Flatten the balls and place a few more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Let the cookie cool for 15 minutes before eating, this will allow the cookies to slightly harden.
These cookies are wholesome and delicious and contain no refined flour or sugar. Make a batch to keep in the pantry to snack on during those days when you are feeling peckish or pack in the kids lunch box to replace the usual sugar laden biscuit. The cookies are soft and chewy and are impossible to resist!
Enjoy, J&L x