Cauliflower and Broccoli Pizza
½ medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk removed
½ medium broccoli, leaves and stalk removed
2 free range eggs
¾ cup gluten free flour or almond flour
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Salt & pepper
1/3 cup pizza sauce
½ broccoli, remove stalks and leaves and chop finely
½ cup cherry tomato's, sliced in half
1 avocado, sliced thinly
8 basil leaves
½ cup cheese (mozzarella, feta or parmesan)
Fresh chili, de-seeded, chopped finely (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line an oven tray with baking paper and grease with oil.
- In a food processor, blend the cauliflower so it has a similar consistency to rice. Place into a bowl. Blend the broccoli so it also has a similar consistency to rice. Place into the same bowl as the cauliflower.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and microwave for 4 minutes. If you do not have a microwave, you can skip this step.
- Remove from the microwave and mix well. Place into a clean tea towel and squeeze as much liquid out of the mixture as you can. Place back into bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, mixed herbs, flour and salt and pepper. The mixture should have a dough like consistency. If it is too sticky, add another tablespoon of flour.
- Mound the mixture into the centre of the lined baking tray and spread the mixture into a circle (aim for 30cm).
- Place into the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and add the pizza sauce, toppings and drizzle with olive oil. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for ways to get your kids to eat more veggies? Try this Cauliflower and Broccoli Pizza and let them build their own pizzas.
Over the last few months I have been trying to cut out gluten and bread from my diet, which is hard when you love pizza so much. I usually use our cauliflower pizza base but I decided to change the recipe slightly and add broccoli so I can increase my vegetable intake. This pizza base is gluten free and dairy free so perfect for anyone with intolerances. How beautiful is the green crust?
Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable which means it is a powerful antioxidant, high in fibre, a good source of vitamin E, vitamin B6 and B1, zinc, omega 3 fatty acids, potassium, iron and selenium. Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, fibre and omega 3 fatty acids.
Get creative and top the pizza with all of your favourite toppings.