Strawberry and Banana Protein Bread
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
4 organic eggs
3 tablespoons manuka honey
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
2 serves (60 grams) Red Seal Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup strawberries, hulled and cut into pieces.
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan bake. Line a loaf tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor combine the bananas, butter, eggs, honey, vanilla and process until the there are no lumps in the bananas. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, walnuts and strawberries to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer batter to the loaf tray.
- Bake the bread for 35 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, take out of the oven and and let it cool down in the loaf pan. Best stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
This Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is sweet, moist and delicious, perfect for breakfast or brunch. Strawberries and honey were added to this recipe to give a touch of sweetness. We have added 2 whole serves of Red Seal’s Fit Protein Powder to give the bread an extra protein boost, which is going to keep you feeling full for longer.
Getting enough protein in your diet is essential in promoting your overall health. It helps to repair and maintain your muscles and is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Protein slows down digestion and the release of sugar in the blood which prevents high blood sugar spikes. When blood sugar levels are balanced, you are going to have more control over your hunger, and feel full and satisfied for longer.
This protein is available in natural vanilla and chocolate, contains 60% protein and proudly carries a five-star health rating. Like all Red Seal products, the Fit Protein range contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives which is hard to come by with protein powders. It's perfect for after the gym, or to add to recipes like this one. We also made Chocolate Black Bean Cookies which uses the chocolate flavoured Red Seal Fit Protein.
Enjoy, J&L x