Chili, Ginger and Garlic Cabbage
½ a head of cabbage
400 grams of organic chicken
½ cup of cooked black rice (or brown)
2 tsp of ginger, grated
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 fresh red chili, finely sliced
1 Tbsp of Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp of Tamari
1 tsp of Coconut Oil
- Cut chicken into small cubes and fry in a wok using coconut oil on medium heat until chicken is cooked through. Set chicken aside in a bowl.
- Place ginger, garlic, chili into a wok on a low heat and gently fry.
- Cut the cabbage into square like pieces, nothing too small or it will wilt and go soggy. Place into the wok with garlic, ginger and chili.
- Add sesame oil and tamari, stir through so that the sauce is covering the cabbage. Place lid on wok – this will allow the heat to gently steam the cabbage making it soft. Occasionally stir.
- Once cooked combine with chicken and rice.
My best friend's father Michael first cooked me this dish, many years ago. I had never tried cabbage before (I had always thought it smelt a bit funny) but as soon as I ate this, I was hooked. This is now one of my favorite meals, it's also the cheapest - read the ingredients list to see why. Super tasty, full of flavor, low carb, low fat, no fuss and you can whip it up from wo to go in 10 minutes.