Courgettes are one of my favorite vegetables and I am always trying to find new ways to eat them. This recipe is so tasty, especially with a dollop of sour cream on the side. These are an easy vegetarian and gluten free meal. If you do enjoy spicy food I would recommend adding more chill for an extra bite of flavour. I made these for dinner but they would be a great lunch idea served with a salad or can even be eaten at breakfast time served with a poached egg.
* Vegetarian * Gluten Free
3 large zucchini (700 grams)
1 large free range egg
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup of fresh coriander, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
2 shallots, diced
1 fresh medium sized chilli (optional)
Juice of 1 lemon
Cashew Cream, Sour Cream, Yoghurt
- Chop the ends off the zucchini and then grate. Place the grated courgette onto a clean tea towel and squeeze the excess water out. You want to try and get as much water out as possible so the fritters stick together when cooking.
- Place the parsley, coriander, garlic, shallots and chilli in a bowl with the zucchini mix together. Add the flour, oil, egg, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients together, if the mixture is quite wet add a little bit more flour. If it is too dry, add another tablespoon of oil.
- Heat a fry pan onto a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Separate the mixture into 8-10 balls. Place the mixture onto the frypan fitting as many balls in as possible. Let them cook for around 1.5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Once the fritters have cooled down, serve with a dollop of cashew cream, yoghurt, sour cream and a squeeze of lemon juice.