Raw Chocolate Banana Fudge
You may have guessed by now that Lib and I love anything banana, chocolate or coconut so if you do too you'll be loving our recipe posts this week. This raw fudge is full of flavour and has a beautiful creamy texture that will leave you wanting more, and it's ok to indulge in as this is refined sugar free.
3 ripe bananas 3/4 cup raw cacao powder 1 cup almonds 4 Tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter if you can't find almond butter) 1/2 cup medjool dates (pips removed) 2 Tbsp raw organic honey
- Place medjool dates, 1/4 cup cacao powder and almonds into a food processor or blender and blend on high until all ingredients are combined.
- Line a glass pan and spread the mixture into pan so that you form a thin layer - this will be the base of the fudge. About 1cm thick.
- In a food processor or blender place the bananas, 1/2 cup cacao powder, almond butter and honey. Blend until well combined, the ingredients will have the same consistency as mousse.
- Spread this mixture on top of the base ingredients that are in the glass pan, use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer until firm - it takes about an hour; then cut into squares and store the freezer. I have put baking paper between the layers of mine to stop the pieces sticking.