Coconut Banana Bread
Coconut Banana Bread Fresh Banana bread is one of my favourite comfort foods. It is a nourishing treat especially on a cold winters day. Alot of the recipes that are on the internet for banana bread are high in refined sugar and full of white flour. I decided that I was going to experiment and make a refined sugar free, grain free, gluten free, banana bread and I can honestly say that this recipe for banana bread is so delicious and best of all its guilt free.
This recipe can be used to make 12 muffins if you prefer them smaller, making them perfect for school lunches.
- 3 ripe bananas (1 extra banana if you want to place on top before baking)
- 6 free range eggs
- 3 T melted raw honey
- 1/3 cup melted organic butter
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts - I used walnuts
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- Turn your oven to fan bake 175 degree celcius. Line a loaf tray with baking paper.
- Mash 3 bananas in a bowl, make sure there are no lumps. If you have a food processor you can blend the bananas.
- Combine the mashed banana with the melted butter and mix well. Add the eggs, melted honey and vanilla, make sure all the ingredients are combined. Add the coconut oil, make sure it is melted before adding it to the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl stir together the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, walnuts and desiccated coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf tray. I sliced a banana and placed that on top before baking, you can also add extra nuts, seeds or desiccated coconut.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Once cooked take out of the oven and and let it cool down.
This banana bread can be stored in a airtight container in the pantry. I serve mine with greek yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon.