This recipe contains my two favorite foods - chocolate and coconut. We have featured cacao and coconut oil in many of our blog posts so if you have been reading you will be aware of the health benefits of these super foods. If not, have a read of this post about coconut oil and this post about cacao. All of the ingredients I have used in this recipe are what I had in my cupboard. If you do not have buckinis then use more oats. If you don't have pumpkin seeds use chia seeds or sesame seeds. If you do not have cacao butter use 1/3 cup more coconut oil. There is no right or wrong way to make the crackle, experiment with your favorite foods and make it your own.
1/2 cup cacao butter 1/4 cup raw cacao powder 1/4 cup coconut oil 1 cup buckinis 1/2 cup oats 1/3 cup desiccated coconut 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a pot over medium heat melt the cacao butter and transfer into a bowl. Add in raw cacao powder and coconut oil. Mix ingredients together.
- Get an oven tray, baking dish or anything that can be put into the freezer, line with baking paper. Size of the tray doesn't matter as the crackle can be thin or thick, it still tastes the same.
- In a bowl combine coconut, oats, buckinis and pumpkin seeds. Pour dry ingredients into tray that you have just lined with paper. Spread the ingredients evenly.
- Pour the cacao/coconut oil mixture over top of the dry ingredients and spread evenly so that the wet cacao mixture is covering everything.
- Place in freezer and wait for the crackle to harden. Once hard break into pieces and store in the freezer in a container.