Peanut Butter Protein Slice
On my way home from Uni yesterday I had a peanut butter craving, so got home, looked at what food was in the cupboard that I could possibly use to make some sort of peanut butter creation. Keep it simple is one of my motto's - Make something substantial and somehow combine protein powder without making the whole thing taste like cardboard. The recipe can easily tweaked here and there to suit your own taste. For example rice milk if you don't drink almond, honey if you don't like maple syrup and adding in stevia if you have a big sweet tooth. Make it for yourself and let me know your thoughts.
Makes 15 - 20 pieces, depending on what size you cut them.
1 cup almond milk 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup 1 cup peanut butter(it's best to use a good quality peanut butter that only contains peanuts and no added sugar/salt/preservatives) 2 cups raw oats 1/3 cup vanilla pea protein powder
- Turn stove onto medium high heat, Put maple syrup, peanut butter and almond milk into a pot and place on heat.
- Stir gently until all of the ingredients are combined (be careful not to let ingredients burn)
- Add the protein powder to pot, mix well.
- Add in the oats and stir. If the mixture is too thick you can add a bit more milk. Again, be careful not to let the mixture burn.
- Once combined put the mixture into a flat baking tray (as shown in the pictures below) and place in refrigerator. It's best to lay down baking paper first just so that the ingredients don't stick.
- Once it has cooled completely chop into pieces and store in an air tight container in the fridge.