Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
These really don't need an introduction - chocolate plus peanut butter equals heaven in your mouth. As the ingredients are all natural it's safe to say that they are a healthier alternative to processed sugary treats, and with Easter coming up why not make these for the family or work colleagues as cruelty free easter gift?
These are perfect for anyone who is lactose intolerant, vegan, refined sugar free or if you're looking for a guilt free treat.
There are only 5 ingredients in these cups and I find that the better quality the ingredients the nicer tasting cups you will get.
Makes 12 cups.
for the chocolate top: 1/2 cup raw cacao powder 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup 1/3 cup organic coconut oil (melted) 1/4 cup cacao nibs (optional, they are hard to find so if you don't have access to any it's not an issue)
- Line muffin trays with muffin cups or baking paper, like I did.
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl and stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Put a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture into each muffin cup.
- Place in the freezer until hardened. In the mean time you can start on the chocolate topping.
- Combine the raw cacao, coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao nibs in a bowl and stir until all of the ingredients are mixed.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture over the hardened peanut butter bases.
- Put into the freezer and harden. Once hard you can eat!
It's best to store these in the freezer as once at room temperature the coconut oil and peanut butter will melt.
Don't eat them all at once!