Brown Rice Risotto
Risotto has always been a favorite of mine but I'm trying to stay away from white rice so thought why not try and create risotto using brown rice. Brown rice takes a little longer to cook so give yourself a bit of time when cooking this.
You could also double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for lunches during the week. Easy peasy!
2 tsp avocado oil (you can also use olive oil) 1 cup brown rice 3 cups vegetable stock 2 white onions, finely chopped
1 red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped 1 cup green peas
2 cloves garlic, crushed
10 medium button mushrooms, chopped.
1/2 cup parsley, cut finely. Fresh Rocket (I used one pack)
- Saute garlic, onions, capsicum and mushrooms on medium heat in a large pot for about 3 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and peas, stir for about two minutes until the rice is shiny and coated in oil.
- Add in the vegetable stock, bring to the boil.
- Put the lid on the pot, reduce the heat to simmer.
- Stir the rice occasionally, it should take about 30 - 45 minutes to cook. Towards the end add in the parsley.
- Once cooked serve the risotto on a bed of rocket leaves.