Nike Running Club
For everyone wanting to do some exercise and wanting to get your body ready for summer come and join the Nike Britomart Running Club. Every Saturday morning at Nike Britomart in Auckland City you can take part in a 5k run around the city. This beings at 9am so come to the shop at 8.45am to sign up. You can also come on Wednesday evenings at 6pm (meet at 5.30pm), you can run the 6k or 15k. Come with all your friends and have some fun in the sun! The Nike Britomart store is situated at 52-70 Galway St, Auckland. If you need some new running or walking shoes come check out the great stock they have instore.
Everyone knows that running is a great way to get into shape, but did you know that it can benefit almost every part of your body, as well as lift your mood? Running is incredibly effective at making you healthier in a number of ways. While it may not be everybody's favorite form of exercise, knowing what it can do for your life just may make you look at running in an entirely new light.
Benefits of running:
- Running is the best way for losing or maintaining a consistent weight.
- Runnning can relieve stress and improve sleep quality. When you run, you force your body to exert excess energy and hormones.
- Running can help to lower your risk of breast cancer in women. It can also help reduce the risk of having a stroke, lower blood pressure and and help reduce the risk of having a heart attack.
- When a person runs their pituitary gland releases endorphins these are chemicals that release feeling of euphoria and that block sensations of pain, giving you a natural high. A regular running habit will you lift your mood and build self-esteem.
- If you are a runner you will find that you have a stronger immune system, that means you'll suffer less from minor illnesses such as colds, allergies, fatigue, menstrual discomfort, backache, and digestive disorders.
There is also the Britomart Farmers Market where you can grab a delicious vegetable or fruit juice after your run. The Britomart Markets sell fresh produce, cakes, waffles, fish and pastries. The market is open until 12.30pm.