Chocolate and Banana Almond Milk Ice-cream
Chocolate and Banana Almond Milk Ice-cream This is a quick and easy recipe to make dairy free ice-cream. Store it in your freezer and bring it out on a hot sunny day.
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 2 heaped Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- In a microwaveable bowl or cup whisk 1/2 cup almond milk with the cacao powder and sugar until fully combine. Microwave for 40 seconds and then stir (you can also heat this in a pot on the stove top)
- Place bananas plus the remainder of the almond milk into a blender along with the cacao mixture and puree for about 10 seconds
- Put the ice cream mix in a large bowl and let it cool down in the refrigerator for an hour or more. Then move to the freezer.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer after a half an hour or so. The ice cream should be starting to get frozen on the sides of the bowl. You want it slushy but not frozen solid.
- Beat the ice cream for three minutes with a whisk or electric beater.
- Put the bowl back in the freezer for half an hour.
- Repeat this process one more time. And freeze overnight before serving.
- Serve with desiccated coconut, nuts or strawberries. Yum!
Benefits of Almond Milk
Almonds are a rich source of protein, Vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, selenium, manganese, and iron. This means strong bones and muscles, antioxidant protection, healthy skin, high energy levels, good metabolism, and other health benefits.
Almond milk contains no cholesterol and only 5 mg of sodium per serving.
It is lactose, anti-biotic and growth hormone free.