Chopped kale, tossed in a maple, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil dressing, topped with sliced apple and pear, quinoa, pecans, goats cheese and dried cranberries. If you are wanting a vibrant salad that is full of nutrients, this is the perfect recipe. The apple and pear help to sweeten the salad, the cranberries add a chewy texture and the kale gives it a crunchy texture.
Both apples and pears are high in fibre which helps keep you regular and prevents bloating. They contain vitamins A, C and B6 as well as Magnesium and Calcium.
Apples and pears are now in season and there are so many different ways to enjoy these fruits. For more apple and pear recipes, visit the 5+ A Day website.
- 2 apples, core removed, thinly slice
- 2 pears, core removed, thinly slice
- 4 cups kale, remove ribs, chop finely
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked, let cool
- ½ pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup goats cheese or feta, roughly chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients (apart from dressing ingredients) into a large bowl and mix well. Place in fridge.
- In a jar or bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad before serving.