These passionfruit bliss balls are sweet, tangy and fudge-like, making them perfect for a mid afternoon pick me up to curb those sugar cravings. Keep them in your fridge to have as a treat with a cup of tea or to pack as a snack. They are refined sugar and dairy free and made from nourishing ingredients.
The purple skin and orange flesh, indicate that they are rich in antioxidants. Passionfruit contains vitamin C which helps to improve immunity, they also contain vitamin A which helps with the growth of healthy cells and fights infection.
For more delicious recipes containing passionfruit, check out the 5 + A Day website.
- 6 passionfruit, strain the pulp in a sieve and remove the seeds. Extract as much juice as pulp as you can for this recipe
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (can use honey)
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until well combined. The texture should be smooth and have a fudge like consistency.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out mixture and roll into balls. Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- The bliss balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge