Bliss Balls are one of the easiest and nutritious snacks to make. These bliss balls are nut-free, making them perfect for people with nut allergies. Most schools are a no no for nuts which means you can send these snacks along to school as a healthy lunch box treat.
As well as being nut free, these bliss balls are also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. I have used dates, cacao, orange rind and vanilla to sweeten them.
- 1 cup of dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Juice and rind of 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place dates, 1 cup desiccated coconut, cacao powder, cacao nibs, coconut oil, orange juice, orange rind and vanilla into a blender or food processor and process until the ingredients are well combined.
- If the mixture is too dry add water to ensure all the ingredients blend well.
- Roll into balls and sprinkle with the remaining desiccated coconut. Freeze for an hour before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Enjoy, J&L x