Pulsing raw cauliflower in a food processor transforms it into a rice like dish thats perfect for adding another serving of vegetables into your meal. This recipe is also a great way to use up expiring produce, not to mention a delicious way to enjoy them. Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand and any protein choices you enjoy such as chicken, beef, tofu or just extra veggies. This flavourful stir-fried dinner is simple to throw together, healthy, delicious, and your family will love it.
Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
Recipe type: dinner
- 2 chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower (approx. 475 g), cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- cube fresh ginger, grated
- 1 leek, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh chili
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. Transfer to a tea towel and gently squeeze out any moisture. When done put into a bowl.
- Place a pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and chicken pieces. Heat until cooked through and transfer chicken to a bowl. Keep the pan on and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Combine the broccoli, capsicum, garlic, ginger, leek, sesame oil, tamari and fresh chili. Stir ingredients around to coat them in the sauces. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice to pan, mixing ingredients thoroughly. Cover the pan with a lid, lower the
- heat and cook until the cauliflower rice is tender (around 5 minutes). Taste and add more tamari if needed.
- Add chicken back to the pan along with the cashews, mix through.
- Serve immediately.