A few months ago I posted a recipe for a gluten free pizza base which is a staple in my household. After making this pizza almost every week I thought it was time to try a new recipe.
I have been experimenting with this cauliflower pizza base, which needed to be altered a few times before sharing but I have finally perfected it.
If you are like me and love the taste of pizza but struggle to enjoy it due to the additives, gluten and heavy dough causing havoc in your body then this healthy twist will go down a treat.
The sesame seeds give it a crunchy and chewy texture and the garlic and pesto add a flavorsome kick. The cauliflower is hard to taste in this pizza base which makes it a great option for fussy children who do not like the taste of vegetables.
Get creative with your pizza toppings. I used pesto, sun dried tomato’s, fresh basil leaves, mozzarella and seaweed flakes.
This base is:
* Gluten Free
* Dairy Free
1 medium sized cauliflower
2 organic eggs
¼ cup of sesame seeds or linseeds
2 tablespoons of gluten free flour
¼ cup of pesto (I used another ¼ cup for the topping)
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Salt + Pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C.
2. Wash the cauliflower and cut into cubes. Place into a food processor and blend the cauliflower until it is pureed.
3. Place the cauliflower into a tea towel or milk bag and over the sink squeeze all the water out, put aside.
4. In a bowl add the remainder of the ingredients and combine well.
5. Re squeeze the cauliflower to get any more excess water out and then add to the mixture making sure it is well combined.
6. On a piece of baking paper spread the dough out into an even circle. Try to keep the dough around 1.5 cm’s thick to avoid it from cracking once cooked.
7. Bake the base for 15 minutes and then add the topping of your choice. Place back into the oven for another 15 minutes or until topping is done.
8. Let the pizza cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy! L x