Exotic Fruits Iced Tea
In November I spoke at Red Seal’s launch of their new tea range. Red Seal is a New Zealand owned and operated company, well known for their natural products including supplements, toothpastes and teas.
At the launch I spoke about the benefits of tea and also created two delicious iced tea recipes. One of my favourite flavours of the new range is ‘Exotic Fruits’. Some of the beautiful ingredients this tea includes is:
- Natural Flavouring
- Orange Peel
- Pineapple Fruit Juice Granules
I always have a jug of iced tea in my fridge so I can sip on it throughout the day, hydrating on nutrients. If you are wanting to cut out coffee and soda drink consumption, this recipe is going to make it a lot easier to curb any cravings!
5 Red Seal Exotic Fruits tea bags
2 cups (500 ml) of coconut water
1 cup of boiling water
2 cups of cold water
1 tablespoon of black chia seeds
1 lemon (finely sliced)
1 cup of fresh mint leaves (chopped)
¼ teaspoon of fresh grated turmeric (okay to substitute with powdered turmeric if there is no fresh turmeric on hand)
Ice cubes for serving
1. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the tea bags, into a 2 litre container
2. Steep for 5 minutes and then fill the container with 2 cups of cold water and 2 cups of coconut water.
3. Steep for another 5 minutes and then remove the tea bags
4. Place the chia seeds, turmeric, sliced lemon and mint into the container and stir well
5. Pour the tea into glasses and add ice before serving.