These chewy, decadent, fudgey chocolate cookies are made with a base of black beans making them high in fibre, protein and anti-oxidants. We have used Red Seal Chocolate Protein Powder to give the cookies a higher protein content, which keeps you feeling full for longer – bonus with the powder being Gluten Free.
The cookies are sweetened using Manuka Honey, Vanilla Essence and are finished off with a drizzle of dark chocolate. Millet Flour has been used to help bind the cookies together – Millet Flour is an excellent source of manganese, phosphorus and magnesium.
- 1 can (approx. 440 grams) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 serve (30 grams) chocolate Red Seal protein
- 3 tablespoons manuka honey, melted
- 2 tablespoons millet flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams 80% dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan bake and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put all of the ingredients except for the dark chocolate, into a food processor.
- Process until smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Scoop out dessert spoonfulls of the mixture, roll into balls and place onto the baking tray. Press down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. When ready, remove from the oven and let the cookies cool.
- When cookies are cool, melt the dark chocolate in a pot on the stove over gentle heat. When melted, pour chocolate over the top of the cookies in a swirling motion.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove cookies from baking tray and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.